
Meet the newest member of our family...Roxy. She is a 7 week old Austrailian Shephard. We had been wanting a puppy for a very long time, but refuse to pay a huge amount of money for a dog. We figured that when it was our time a dog would find us. That time was about a week and a half ago. My sister calls me to tell me that she knows someone selling puppies for $75 if I wanted the number. So I call and our family went to play with the puppies that night. The family was super nice and had the parents of the puppies right there for us to visit with as well. It was great! We new immediatly that we would take one. Fast forward to today. Roxy has been with us for a week and a half and she is a wonderful addition to our family. The kids adore her and have participated in her care 100%. Potty training stinks!!! (literally and figuratively) but she is picking up on it rather quickly. The kids take her out every 1/2 hour to try to potty and then stand out there cheering and clapping when she does. I am sure our neighbors think they are crazy as they are shouting out "Good potty Roxy, you went pee. That is so exciting, good dog!" But, as a result, she went outside to go potty all on her own today!! I am glad to get a good handle on this now because I start back to work this next week and the kids start school the following week, so it will be a little bit harder then. All in all I think that Roxy was definitely meant to be a part of our family!

Her favorite past-time activity....eating ;)

Her other favorite activity

Starting to get tired after a round of tug-o-war on the couch...mom was not pleased

Chillin on the couch, watching Mythbusters with dad

Will you cut it out with the flash already... it is really distracting!
No comments:
Post a Comment