Sunday, September 9, 2007

Can't end on a sad note...

I just finished my post about Lexy and am sitting here at the computer a total mess. So I have decided that I can't end on a sad note. We had an increadibly busy week with the start of school, Melissa starting work and school, and then John and I really starting to talk seriously about updating our kitchen.

So I come into the house yesterday and John has our huge cabinet (which is actually 3 sm. cabinets) totally cleaned out and everything stacked on the counter. My sister walks through the front door with a puzzled look on her face and John just tells her that he's cleaning.....yeah right! Our plan has been to take that cabinet out because it sits right over our bar and totally closes off the kitchen from the rest of the house. I wish that I had a "before" picture, but take my word for it, it stunk!! Basically our evening ended with John and Robert (our Bro-in-law) tearing the cabinet down. This officially marks the start to our KITCHEN MAKEOVER!

Some of our plans include refinishing the cabinets (possibly even new doors) with cream paint and then sanding and antiquing them and then adding new hardware. Sewing a skirt for my bakers rack to cover up all of our crap that I stack on the shelves. Possibly looking at new countertops as well as new flooring (that will be the biggie, it depends on if we can find any good deals.) It should keep us plenty busy this winter!

Here are a few pictures of Johns great work...



Imagine a very large cabinet looming in my kitchen. We are going to put a small cabinet there in the corner.



My now open, very cluttered kitchen.

Here are a some pictures of the kiddo's...



What is this picture you might ask yourself?? Why it is my children sleeping in their doorways. I don't even know why we spend the money to buy them nice beds. Hunter ends up sleeping on the floor EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!!



I wonder if he could feel my presence here...looming over him, willing him to sleep in his bed just one night.



Contrary to what you may think, this picture is not a picture of the hole that is half patched at the end of the hallway (Jazzy found out that running in the house is not a good idea when she landed her head in the wall.) But it is a picture documenting that even after hundreds of dollars spent at the orthodontist to put gadgets in her mouth to stop the thumb sucking, sucking the thumb wins in the end.



Jazzy's hair will not hold a curl with the curling iron, so I decided to buy the pink foamy rollers.



Morgan, my niece, decided that she wanted in on that action.



The cute thing was that Morgan thought that the rollers were the "hairdo." She didn't understand that the curls the rollers produced were the actual "hairdo." Therefore she wants to wear the curlers to preschool on Monday.



The outcome...CRAZY HAIR!!! Holy cow, I couldn't believe how curly those things made her hair! A bit out of control, but cute none the less. She felt very stylish getting ready for church today!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Melissa! It's amazing how many people blog! I had no idea! We just started a blog a week or two ago. I am going to add you to my link list so we can keep up to date with you guys. Hope all is well with you and your family.
Lots of love,
Cousin Kim and Family
http://thebomanfamily5.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Hey melissa....it is amazing how long it has been since you have bloged!!! You need an update!!