Tuesday, August 21, 2007

So Here We Are...

So here we are...jumping on the blogging bandwagon. I have thought of starting one for the longest time, especially since we have so much family that lives out of state, but I just never got around to it. Then I was talking to some of my classmates about the world of blogging and many stated that they blogged mainly to keep an online journal of their life. Hmmm... that made sense. There is so much going on in our daily lives that I quickly forget because I never journal it. Well, that is about to change. So here we go - sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the ride.

Introductions:

John is currently a chef at Sheldon Oaks. It is a retirement community and he is second in charge in the kitchen. It is not neccessarily his dream job, but it has its upsides. His hours allow him to be home for a late dinner (7ish) every night, which is very important in our family. It is also a very relaxed environment and he really enjoys the people he works with.

I (Melissa) work at Thurston Elementary part-time in the life skills classroom (special ed.). This has been a really great job and is allowing me to get some hands on experience with teaching. Unfortuntly I will have to quit at christmas break. It is somewhat bittersweet. I will be very sad to leave my classroom and students, but I will be happy because it means that I am starting my student teaching! I am a full time student at Pacific University. In May of 2008 I will be graduating from the elementary education program with my Bachlor's in education and my teaching license - then begins the hunt for a job!

Jasmine is nine years old and is going into the 4th grade. Can you believe that I already have a 4th grader!! Jazzy loves being with our family. She is a huge help around the house and with her little sister. She loves riding her bike with the neighborhood kids, bouncing on the trampoline and swimming. She has also become quite the reader ( a girl after my own heart!).

Hunter is our 7 year old boy...need I say more. Trouble is not his only middle name, there is also sneaky, attitude, dirt diggin, rambunctious, mischivious, and snuggly. With as much trouble as he finds him self in, it is hard to get angry at him! He is ready to roll at 8:30 am, wanting to know if he can go play with his friends or ride his bike. He is still asking these same questions at 8:30 pm. But, with as crazy as he makes it, I couldn't imagine life without him!

Lexy just turned two and has transformed our lives. Lexy came to us as a foster child May 1st of this year, but in only 4 short months she has become the center of attention. Lexy's homelife was not too great, she was extremely neglected. Because of this she has some developmental delay's. Lexy came to us barely able to walk, not talking at all, she didn't even know her own name. But in such a short time she is already running around the house, talking up a storm (although much of it is still nonsense talk, but she is a total motor mouth!) she is even learning baby sign. Her future with our family is unknown at this point. Because her mom failed to appear in court her visits were suspended. Here we are, 2 months later, and her mom still has yet to contact the state. Our hopes and prayers are that Lexy will be able to become part of our crazy family through adoption (if her mom ends up losing her parental rights). Until then she is just as much a part of our family as our other two kids. She has us all wrapped around her little finger.

So, now that you are bored out of your mind here are a few photos...



The kids...we were actually trying to capture a pic of the out-of-control static hair that Lexy had, but by the time I snapped the picture it was gone.



Hunter and Zoe, doing what they do best...sleeping on the board that covers the fire pit.



Lexy putting on her "elf" shoes (they are actually the covers that go on the handles of the booster seat...go figure.)



Lexy playing with the dollhouse.



Our three at the petting zoo (Portland Zoo)



Sweet Jasmine



At the Portland Zoo

3 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks Melissa for jumping onto the blogging bandwagon, I check Shannon's and Alyson's daily and now I can check yours, thanks I look forward to hearing all that is going on in your lives! Love, Beth (and Tony too!)

Our Pratt Pack said...

I can't believe your kids are that old but I guess it makes since, because mine are the age they were last time Todd and I watched them. Welcome to the blogging world!

the splendid life of us... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.